Saturday, September 21, 2013

Ten Questions Plus 1 with Noree Cosper, author of A Prescription for Delirium




Another of my favorite authors! I'm loving doing these interviews! You can expect at least 3 more next week because I am trying to expose you to a whole load of authors and their books. You can call me eclectic...Noree Cosper is awesome! I reviewed " A Prescription for Delirium" on my blog. Check it out!  I would recommend her book. I couldn't put it down. There are links to it at the bottom of the interview, so check it out. In the meantime, enjoy this interview with Noree!





Are you a person who makes their bed in the morning, or do you not see much point? Why do you or don’t you?
No. I don’t see the point of making my bed when I’m just going to crawl into it the next night. I also don’t like sheets. I find them too confining when I sleep. So, I don’t bother putting them on my bed. 

Do you get road rage? What pisses you off the most about other drivers?
Oh, yes, I definitely have road rage. Mine is more about the inconsiderate assholes on the road. Like the people who like to drive on the shoulder just to have people let them in further up.

What is the most blatant lie you’ve ever told?
I’m Batman.

Has the dog ever eaten your manuscript? Did you still give him treats afterward or was he/she in the proverbial doghouse?
No. However my dog does like to chew/tear up anything she can get her mouth on, including a light bulb (she’s fine.), so there is still the possibility she would eat it.

What inspires you?
That depends on the mood. Music is a big inspiration for me. Certain songs spark scenes in my mind and I will play them over and over just to keep the inspiration going. Also, others books and movies. History and lore also inspire stories or at least plot lines. 

Tell me your biggest pet-peeve…the one that really bothers you that is a part of who you are? Why does it bother you so much?
People touching, using, or taking what is mine and either not returning or destroying it. Then they don’t even act like there is a problem. 

Before there was sliced bread, what do you think was the best thing and why?
Um, fire? It kept you warm, cooked your food, and killed monsters. Especially witches (Sorry, Hansel and Gretel reference there).

What is your worst quality, or the one you wish you can change about yourself?
Inside me there is this part that wants watch and laugh as everything falls apart in the most spectacular way possible. Sometimes, it drives me to say and do things I will later regret. What can I say? I’m a bitch.

Tell me about one of your relatives and the reason you think they are so great.
I would have to say my mom. She has supported me 100% on everything I’ve done, even when she didn’t agree with me.

What tips would you give to a new writer just getting started?
Keep writing, even when you feel like giving up. Keep writing, even if your first book doesn’t sell. Keep writing if your first book becomes a bestseller.
Pay attention to the “rules” (guidelines) of writing and learn why they exist. Find the meaning behind them.


Plus one
Tell me about your writing project in your own words, not something from your blog or from a blurb. What is your writing truly about.
Well, this is going to be easy and hard since I don’t have a blurb. My current writing project is the second in the Van Helsing Organization series. Gabby, Marge, and the Van Helsing are in New York chasing after Marge’s demon. However, they find themselves caught between a power struggle of multiple supernatural entities. 

A Prescription for Delirium


Ninety years ago, Gabriella di Luca promised to protect the family of her dying lover. She failed to keep that promise.  She was too far away to stop the devil that murdered the eldest Van Helsing son. Years later, Gabby learns the devil has resurfaced. She arrives in Hampton, TX, determined to stop the devil before it can lay a bloody hand on the remaining three brothers.

However, madness is spreading through Hampton. She suspects the devil is using this madness to test a drug which has a side effect of demonic possession.  Gabby rushes to end the source of the madness only to fall victim to it. For a woman cursed with eternal life, dying is no threat. However, Gabby must stop the devil's plot or risk losing her most precious possession: her mind.

Get It Now:


About Noree Cosper

Noree Cosper loves writing about magic in the modern world. While growing up in Texas she constantly searched for mystical elements in the mundane. She buried her nose in both fiction and books about Wicca, Religion, and Mythology. Everyday became an adventure as she joined a group of role-players, acting out her fantasies of vampires, demons, and monsters living in the world.

She embraced her nerdom wholeheartedly.

Noree grew, but never left her love for fantasy and horror. Her dreams pushed her and her hand itched to write the visions she saw. So, with her fingers on the keys, she did what her heart had been telling her to do since childhood. She wrote.

Connect with Noree



No comments:

Post a Comment